In the autumn term of 2019, we were excited to start a new endeavour, to teach English to primary-aged children at a school for autistic children in Hongqiao.
- To increase students’ interest and confidence in learning English through the design and delivery of fun lessons tailored to this special group
- To improve the students’ chances of entering a regular primary school in the future
- To connect communities and promote responsible high-impact volunteering
- Teach 35-minute English lessons once a week to three classes of autistic children
- Each class has just 8 students, with several classroom helpers to assist in each classroom
- Minimum commitment of 8 weeks: longer term commitment preferred
- Volunteers need to have at least four years of professional teaching experience
- Special Needs / English teaching experience will be an advantage, but not essential
- High level of English fluency (native English NOT required)
- Volunteers will need to prepare their own teaching materials
- A high degree of patience, and a strong commitment to teaching special needs children is essential
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity and have the relevant experience, please send your application letter and resume to email@example.com. Thank you!