Stepping Stones welcomes companies and schools to join a Rural Volunteering Tour. This program takes volunteers to places such as rural Henan, Anhui, Hunan or Jiangsu Provinces for a weekend or 3-5 days to teach English and other subject(s) to disadvantaged primary school students in the countryside of China. Please go here for more information about this program.
- 2-5 days tour (weekend or working days)
- Training & support provided by Stepping Stones. 2-3 Stepping Stones staff to coordinate and facilitate the smooth running of the tour
- Activity: Small group teaching (2-3 volunteers teaching to 6-10 students)
- Location:Rural school in Henan, Hunan, Anhui, Jiangsu,
Sichuan or Zhejiang
- Project cost: The cost of these tours varies according to the size of the group, how long they are away for and the mode of transport
In order to learn more about you and how we can help fulfil your requirements, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to the following questions:
- Are you a high school, university or corporate group?
- How many employees or students would like to participate?
- What is your group’s availability? Weekdays or weekends? One day or more than one day?
- What type of program(s) would your group like to participate in (e.g., Rural Volunteering Tour)?
*Please note that Stepping Stones is a non-profit charitable organization and that we invite corporate and student groups to make a significant donation to help us setting up a volunteering program for them, and to help sustain our organization and fulfill our mission to improve the education and general welfare of disadvantaged children in China. Over the years, we have developed many successful partnerships with companies, schools and universities. Donation can take different forms: annual grant, volunteer grant (in recognition of volunteer work being done), project-based donation or pro-bono.