Stepping Stones is a non-profit organization registered in Shanghai China. With the mission of improving the education and general welfare of disadvantaged children in China, Stepping Stones volunteers have been teaching English and digital literacy to rural, migrant and other disadvantaged children since 2006.
We currently have a vacancy for an HR officer. The position may be full-time or part-time, and reports to the Finance Senior Manager. The successful candidate will be Shanghai-based.
This position provides an exciting opportunity for a qualified candidate to utilise and develop their skills in the non-profit arena, and grow personally and professionally in a friendly and supportive work environment. Prior HR experience will be useful but not essential.
- Coordinate staff & intern recruitment, including screening resumes, interviewing internship candidates, collecting references, preparing and sending out offer letters and labour contracts and tracking whole recruitment process;
- Keep in contact with internship partners;
- Provide orientation to new staff and interns;
- Assist team to coordinate job allocation between interns, and support interns during their time with Stepping Stones;
- Maintain staff, office volunteer and intern contact details and working schedules and share updates with team;
- Prepare internship certificates and references, and arrange occasional appreciation and team-building activities for interns and staff;
- Conduct exit interviews and share findings as appropriate;
- Maintain staff and intern HR files;
- Manage staff leave and overtime records;
- Coordinate bi-annual staff performance appraisal process.
Additional responsibilities, time permitting:
- Help to organise team meetings, set agendas, take minutes, follow up on action points;
- Respond appropriately (in collaboration with other staff) to enquiries from non-teaching volunteers and help to find them appropriate roles (e.g. design, event management, translation, finance, I.T, website design, M&E, etc);
- Handle incoming e-mail enquiries;
- Help to manage and update the volunteer database;
- Assist with volunteer recruitment and other events if needed.
- Native-level Chinese with strong oral and written communications in English;
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, stay well-organized and adapt in an ever-changing sector/environment;
- Interest in the non-profit sector;
- Excellent work ethic with a positive and flexible attitude.
- To ensure sustainability, a long-term commitment is preferred, i.e. at least one year, with the potential to extend the term of employment upon mutual agreement;
- Note that occasional overtime work is possible. We operate a flexible working schedule, where staff are encouraged to take time off in lieu of overtime.
As soon as possible and no later than 1st July 2021.
The HR officer will be based at Stepping Stones’ office at No 75, Leshan Road, Shanghai. Occasional working from home may be possible.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Compensation will be at local market levels in the non-profit sector and take into consideration the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Stepping Stones will provide all statutory benefits, plus 10 days annual leave in the first year of employment (pro-rated according to the actual working hours).
Candidates need to be already based in China, noting that Stepping Stones is unable to cover relocation costs or assist with accommodation.
To apply for this position, please send your resume email@example.com 18 June 2021 with a cover letter to explain your suitability for this job position, and why you are interested in it. A bilingual application is preferred, but a Chinese application is also acceptable.