Stepping Stones is looking for a Finance Officer / Manager to handle the routine finance work in a busy and dynamic office. The new staff member will be part of a team of three finance staff. The precise job description will depend on the candidate’s abilities and experience. We provide a friendly work environment with a multicultural team, and opportunities to learn about the non-profit / volunteering / educational sector.
1. Finance & HR
- Prepare payroll, handle salary payments & social security payments;
- Manage the formal hiring process of local and expats staff;
- Handle expense reimbursements & payments to suppliers;
- Cash management, banking;
- Assist Finance Manager with annual audits;
- Assist with registration and maintenance of Shanghai entities (and on-going reporting needs);
- Coordinate sales, track inventory;
- Issue receipts, donation certificates, thank-you letters.
2. Legal & Admin
- Assist in communications with Stepping Stones’ government partners in Shanghai;
- Handle local registration matters, attend official events;
- Help Finance Manager to manage Shanghai Board of Directors.
- University-level education in a finance-related major, preferably with some relevant work experience;
- Native Chinese, with good English skills;
- Committed to the goals of Stepping Stones, interested in volunteerism and the non-profit sector;
- Smart, self-motivated, quick to learn, well-organised and with a positive attitude;
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing;
- I.T. competent.
- Commitment of at least one year, with the potential to extend the term of employment upon mutual agreement;
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required. Where overtime is worked, staff are encouraged to take time off in lieu;
- Stepping Stones is unable to provide work permits, visas or accommodation, so candidates need to have the right to reside in Shanghai and to be able to organise their own accommodation.
As soon as possible, preferably the end of May or beginning of June 2019..
2nd floor, no. 75, Le Shan road, Xuhui District, Shanghai.
Remuneration will be at local market levels in the non-profit sector and take into consideration the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Social welfare benefits will be provided to local candidates only. Stepping Stones is unable to cover relocation costs.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter explaining their motivation for applying for this work and their suitability for the position.