Stepping Stones is looking for a Finance and Admin Officer to handle the routine finance work in a busy and dynamic office. The new staff member will be part of a team of three finance staff. The precise job description will depend on the candidate’s abilities and experience. We provide a friendly work environment with a multicultural team, and opportunities to learn about the non-profit / volunteering / educational sector.
1. Human Resources
- Manage the formal hiring process of local staff (through labour bureau).
- Cash and bank accounts management;
- Issue invoice, receipts, donation certificates, thank-you letters;
- Handle social security, salary payments, expenses reimbursement and payments to suppliers;
- Assist Finance Manager with audits, annual returns and project reports;
- Interns’ finance orientation.
- Coordinate sales and track inventory;
- Handle office purchasing, printing jobs, etc., e.g. banners, flyers, t-shirts, other merchandise;
- Update and maintain information in the volunteer database and student database;
- Purchase and maintain stock of office and teaching supplies;
- Server basic maintenance, including logging in to the server and switching background, and restarting the server and switch;
- Printer hardware maintenance, including printer ink replacement, inkjet head calibration, printer driver installation and debugging;
- Assist at external events, time allowing.
- University-level education in a finance-related major, preferably with some relevant work experience;
- Native Chinese, with good English skills;
- Committed to the goals of Stepping Stones, interested in volunteerism and the non-profit sector;
- Smart, self-motivated, quick to learn, well-organised, detailed-oriented and with a positive attitude;
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing;
- I.T. competent.
- Commitment of five days per week for one year, with the potential to extend the term of employment upon mutual agreement;
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required. Where overtime is worked, staff are encouraged to take time off in lieu;
- Stepping Stones is unable to provide work permits, visas or accommodation, so candidates need to have the right to reside in Shanghai and to be able to organise their own accommodation.
As soon as possible, preferably January 2021.
2nd floor, no. 75, Le Shan road, Xuhui District, Shanghai.
Remuneration will be at local market levels in the non-profit sector and take into consideration the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Social welfare benefits will be provided to local candidates only. Stepping Stones is unable to cover relocation costs.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter explaining their motivation for applying for this work and their suitability for the position.