Stepping Stones has been organising volunteer tours to rural schools since 2007! Organise a unique and meaningful group outing for your school or company!
Teach your favourite subject to kids in rural China
- Description: Volunteers from corporate and student groups are needed to teach English, digital literacy or other subjects to disadvantaged children in rural China. Volunteers generally teach 3-4 (40 min) lessons per day.
- Time: Week-long (Monday to Friday) or weekend (Friday to Sunday); During school term time (September-January, February-June) or summer holidays (July-August).
- Requirements: Fluent or native level of Chinese to teach classes other than English. Fluent or native level of English to teach English. Enjoy interacting with children. Grade 10 and above for high school group tours
- Location: Rural school in Henan, Hunan, Anhui, Jiangxi, Fujian, Jiangsu, Sichuan or Zhejiang.
- Training, resources & support provided by Stepping Stones.
- Logistics & project set-up: Stepping Stones organizes and leads group tours, providing transportation and accommodation arrangements, and 2-3 staff to coordinate and facilitate the smooth running of the tour.
- Costs: These tours are paid for by the company / school. Stepping Stones uses a portion of the revenue from these tours to sustain and support our core programs. Fees for the tours vary according to the number of participants, location, length and specific project requirements.
If you would like to organise a rural tour for your corporate or school group, or would like further information, please e-mail Sebastien Carrier at firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to the following questions:
- Are you a high school, university or corporate group?
- How many employees or students would like to participate?
- What is your group’s availability? Weekdays or weekends? One day or more than one day?
Other Ways to Get Involved
Companies, universities and schools are also very welcome to do fundraising activities for Stepping Stones to help sustain our organization and achieve our mission to improve the education and general welfare of disadvantaged children in China. Offers of pro-bono assistance are also very welcome from companies.