The Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director, and:
- Works with the whole team to formulate and implement Stepping Stones’ Communications Strategy, which integrates message development, web presence, and social media.
- Collects stories and key messages from staff, volunteers and other stakeholders and produces English and Chinese language communications, including website, wechat posts, e-newsletters, other social media posts (facebook, weibo, etc), and videos.
- Designs marketing materials, such as presentations, annual reports, flyers, posters, greetings cards, etc.
- Manages, maintains and continuously improves Stepping Stones’ Chinese website, and gradually adapts the English website to match the Chinese one.
- Coordinates photography and videography work to capture high quality images and footage of Stepping Stones’ projects for promotion purposes.
- Manages the storage of Stepping Stones’ photo and video data.
- Several years’ communications and design experience (corporate or non-profit sector);
- Good Chinese writing skills (native-level preferred) and fluency in English;
- Experienced with a range of different communications platforms, and different media, including photography and video;
- Technologically competent and quick to learn new technology;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, multi-task, stay well-organized and adapt in an ever-changing sector/environment;
- Interest in the non-profit/social/development sector;
- Excellent work ethic with a positive and flexible attitude.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation will be at local market levels in the non-profit sector and take into consideration the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Stepping Stones will provide all statutory benefits for Chinese nationals, or medical insurance for expatriates, plus 12 days annual leave in the first year of employment.
Candidates already based in Shanghai are preferred, noting that Stepping Stones is unable to cover relocation costs or assist with accommodation. Stepping Stones can assist foreign nationals with work permit and visa applications.
The start date should ideally be no later than March 2019. The initial contract would be full-time (40 hours per week) for one year, with an option to extend upon mutual agreement.
The Communications Manager will be based at Stepping Stones’ office, which is currently at Room 1110, Building 1, No. 1687, Changyang Road, Yangpu District, but will move elsewhere in Shanghai by summer 2019. Occasional working from home may be possible.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com by 15th February 2019 with a cover letter to explain your suitability for this job position, and why you are interested in it. Applications can be in English, Chinese or both languages.