Stepping Stones is looking for a Finance Officer / Assistant to handle the routine finance work in a busy and dynamic office. We provide a friendly work environment with a multicultural team, and opportunities to learn about the non-profit sector.
Main Responsibilities are as follows:
- Finance & HR
- Prepare payroll, handle salary payments & social security payments.
- Manage the formal hiring process of local staff.
- Handle expense reimbursements & payments to suppliers.
- Cash management, banking.
- Assist Finance Manager with annual audits.
- Assist with registration and maintenance of Shanghai entities (and on-going reporting needs).
- Coordinate sales, track inventory.
- Issue receipts, donation certificates, thank-you letters.
- Legal & Admin
- Assist in communications with Stepping Stones’ government partners in Shanghai.
- Handle local registration matters, attend official events.
- Help Finance Manager to manage Shanghai Board of Directors.
- University-level education in a finance-related major, preferably with some relevant work experience;
- Native Chinese, with good English skills;
- Committed to the goals of Stepping Stones, interested in volunteerism and the non-profit sector.
- Smart, self-motivated, quick to learn, well-organised and with a positive attitude.
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
- I. T. competent.
- Commitment of at least one year, with the potential to extend the term of employment upon mutual agreement
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required. Where overtime is worked, staff are encouraged to take time off in lieu.
- Part-time working arrangements may be considered.
- Stepping Stones is unable to provide work permits, visas or accommodation, so candidates need to have the right to reside in Shanghai and to be able to organise their own accommodation.
As soon as possible, preferably in June 2018.
12F, Asionics Building, No. 6, Lane 1279, Zhong Shan Road West, Shanghai.
Remuneration will be at local market levels in the non-profit sector and take into consideration the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Social welfare benefits will be provided to local candidates only. Stepping Stones is unable to cover relocation costs.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter explaining their motivation for applying for this work and their suitability for the position.