Due to the continued expansion of our activities and programs, Stepping Stones now has a vacancy for a dedicated Communications Manager.
This key staff member will report to the Executive Director.
- Work with the whole team to formulate and implement Stepping Stones’ Communications Strategy which integrate message development, web presence, and social media;
- Prepare all Chinese and English language communications, including website, Wechat, e-newsletters, social media posts (Facebook, Weibo, etc), annual report;
- Manage, maintain and continuously improve Stepping Stones’ English website, and develop the content for a new Chinese website;
- Represent and promote Stepping Stones at external events including governmental, NGO, community outreach and corporate events.
- Several years’ communications experience (corporate or non-profit sector);
- Native Chinese speaker with good writing skills and a high level of oral and written English;
- Experienced with a range of different communications media, including photography and video;
- Technologically competent and quick to learn new technology;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, multi-task, stay well-organized and adapt in an ever-changing sector/environment;
- Interest in the non-profit/social/development sector;
- Excellent work ethic with a positive attitude.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation will be at local market levels in the non-profit sector, taking into consideration the skills and experience of the successful applicant. We are unable to offer a salary commensurate with commercial communications positions; we are looking for a candidate who can afford to put job satisfaction before financial remuneration.
For a full-time position, Stepping Stones will provide all statutory benefits for Chinese nationals, or medical insurance for expatriates, plus 12 days annual leave in the first year of employment. Part-time or consultancy arrangements can also be considered.
Due to ongoing changes in regulations relating to non-profits as well as visas, a working visa cannot be guaranteed, so Chinese nationals and candidates already resident in China are preferred. Stepping Stones is unable to cover relocation costs.
The start date should be no later than 1 March 2018. The initial contract would be for one year, with an option to extend upon mutual agreement.
The Program Officer will be based at Stepping Stones’ office at 12F, Asionics Building, No. 6, Lane 1279, Zhong Shan Road West, Shanghai. Occasional working from home may be possible, and part-time working hours can be considered.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com by 26th January 2017 with a cover letter to explain your suitability for this job position, and why you are interested in it. English language applications are preferred.