Due to the expansion of Stepping Stones’ teacher training programs, we are now looking for another qualified, experienced and motivated teacher trainer to work on our Teacher Training and Videolink Teacher Training programs. Full-time, part-time and consultancy-based positions can all be considered.
This position provides an exciting opportunity for a qualified candidate to utilize his or her skills in the non-profit arena, develop new teaching, training and curriculum development approaches in a challenging but fulfilling context, and grow personally and professionally in a friendly and supportive work environment.
- Plan and deliver training sessions to English teachers at primary schools for migrant children in Shanghai;
- Train and support a small team of volunteers to provide weekly oral English practice to the teachers in question. Develop materials to support this project;
- Recruit, interview and placement-test trainees for the Videolink Teacher Training Program;
- Deliver online teacher-training sessions to English teachers around China and help support the online trainees with advice, feedback and encouragement via social media;
- Assist the Training Director and Program Director in the monitoring and evaluation of both teacher-training programs;
- Time allowing, assist with other related projects, particularly Videolink, curriculum development and the Classroom Teaching Program.
- Only candidates qualified at CELTA/TEFL/TESOL/CFL level or above will be considered;
- Minimum four years’ experience in language teaching;
- Advanced-level oral and written English communication skills. Chinese language skills would be an advantage.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation will be at local market levels in the non-profit sector, taking into consideration the skills and experience of the successful applicant. We are unable to offer a salary commensurate with teacher-trainer positions in the commercial ESL/EFL field; we are looking for a candidate who is willing to compromise their potential salary level in order to help students and teachers who come from very disadvantaged backgrounds.
For a full-time position, Stepping Stones will provide all statutory benefits for Chinese nationals, or medical insurance for expatriates, plus 12 days annual leave in the first year of employment. Part-time or consultancy arrangements can also be considered.
Due to ongoing changes in regulations relating to non-profits as well as visas, a working visa cannot be guaranteed, so candidates already resident in China are preferred. Stepping Stones is unable to cover relocation costs.
The candidate should be available to start working for Stepping Stones ideally by 1 March 2018.
The Program Officer will be based at Stepping Stones’ office at 12F, Asionics Building, No. 6, Lane 1279, Zhong Shan Road West, Shanghai. Occasional working from home may be possible, and part-time working hours can be considered.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com by 31st January 2018 with a cover letter to explain your suitability for this job position, and why you are interested in it.